The John A. Kufuor Foundation, an independent, non-partisan development oriented institution inspired by the founder’s vision, has instituted the Kufuor Scholars’ Programme(KSP) to provide a specialized three (3) year leadership preparation for the Ghanaian youth. The program targets young people in Ghanaian Universities, who have successfully completed the first semester (Level 100).
The KSP aims primarily to add value to the formal education at the tertiary level by providing specialized orientation through programmed mentorship, skills and experiential activities. The program is expected to produce leaders imbued with a strong sense of patriotism; leaders who are innovative, problem solvers, creative thinkers and knowledgeable in their respective fields of endeavour. It is a program known for its excellence in grooming transformational leaders of tomorrow.
Specific program objectives
- To cultivate and mentor the next crop of transformational leaders; who are patriotic, selfless and community-oriented.
- To empower young scholars with ethical qualities, skills for excellence and success in their respective careers and leadership roles for national development.
- To guide young scholars to become agents of social change for political tolerance, ethnic and religious co-existence, and national orientation for sustainable development.
To be eligible for consideration, the potential Kufuor Scholar must:
- Be of Ghanaian nationality.
- Have successfully completed the first semester level 100 of study at a Ghanaian university in any academic discipline. Students who are in second year (level 200) and beyond are not eligible
- Have demonstrable leadership interest and experience (e.g. in school, community or at the national level).
- Focus on ability to lead, commitment to service, moral force of character and outstanding academic intellect.
- Demonstrate nationalistic orientation and capacity to promote political and religious tolerance, human rights and ethnic co-existence for national development.
- Not be more than 23 years of age at the time of application.
Nature of the Award
Over a 3-year period, the Scholar would benefit from leadership mentoring, camps, excursions and visits, seminars, practical leadership internships, and execution of personal projects prior to graduation. Included in the package is a branded personal laptop and a stipend of GH¢500 per semester. The Scholar may also have the opportunity of participating in International Exchange Programs.
How to Apply
Interested young scholars (males/females) will complete an online application form from the Foundation’s website (www.kufuorscholarsprogram.org) and upload required documents as follows by the 27th March 2019:
- Attach a 3 minute video of yourself on why you are interested in becoming a Kufuor Scholar.(Include information about yourself, leadership experience and a concrete leadership role played, Video size should not exceed 50MB)
- An evidence-based essay on a leadership question on the site (A 700-word statement)
- Three letters of recommendation; one each from a University Lecturer, community or civil society organizer and head of a public or private agency, testifying to the candidate’s abilities and leadership potentials
- Detailed curriculum vitae
- Applicants below the age of 18 must submit a parental consent letter
- Transcripts of first semester undergraduate studies
For further information please call Tel. 050-227-5820 between 10am -4pm (Mon-Fri).
Baffour Agyeman-Duah (Prof)
Chief Executive Officer